CASA also supports 14 libraries in rural communities in order to reach a wider population in the state of Guanajuato. The rural libraries are located in schools within San Miguel de Allende and San Luis de la Paz.
In 2004, the library signed an agreement with CONACULTA (National Council for Mexican Culture and the Arts) to be incorporated into their library system.
"Rosario Castellanos" Library
Patrons can browse books, magazines, films, board games and utilize the computer lab. The library also has reading rooms for infants and children. We offer computer courses and educational workshops. Please contact us for more information.
Monday to Friday
From 8:00 to 18:00 hours
From 8:00 to 14:00 hours
The rural libraries are located in several schools within San Miguel de Allende and San Luis de la Paz and offer guided tours, book lending and reading promotion programs and activities for students, teachers and families.
Lucía Abigail Almanza Arvizu
Address: Santa Julia no. 15, Col. Santa Julia, San Miguel de Allende, Gto.
Phone (415) 154 6090 / 6060 Ext. 110
The Library offers a continuing education program through the National Institute for Adult Education for adults to complete their primary or secondary studies. We also offer assistance in preparing for the CENEVAL exam.
Central Library "Rosario Castellanos"
- A total of 358 patrons visited the library this year.
- 89 reading lessons were given to children from the Early Childhood Development Center.
- A community library was opened in La Palmita in July 2016.
- There were a total of 2,752 children's book loans in the different communities.
- Four workshops were held with mothers that run the rural libraries to increase their skills in library system development and book loans.
- A total of 28 children between seven and ten years old registered, five educational workshops were held with the motto: "I build and take care of my world", which included recycling workshops, gardening, crafts and music, as well as six field trips.
- Maintain and continue work in the 14 community libraries, in conjunction with community committees, to strengthen our program.
- Start a mobile library for easy transportation of library services to remote communities in partnership with Rotary International.
- Provide our population with a space for reading and art through workshops in order to increase the number of patrons.
- Increase our presence within the community as a cultural institution by increasing the participation of young people and children.