Benefits for the Mother
- Natural childbirth poses less of a risk to the mother. Uterine infection is lower, and in a Cesarean delivery, the mother can lose half of her body’s blood capacity.
- Natural childbirth keeps adequate blood sugar levels and helps the placenta receive more oxygen.
- The mother will be able to be with her baby immediately.
- Hospitalization after delivery lasts approximately 12 hours.
- During labor, the mother can adopt different positions to reduce discomfort.
Benefits for the Baby
- As the baby passes through the birth canal, the baby covered with its mother’s bacteria, and these bacteria will help strengthen the baby’s immune system.
- During standard delivery, the baby also generates hormones, such as adrenaline, that will keep them “alert” in the first hours. Besides giving the baby energy and warmth, adrenaline can help the baby breastfeed.
- The baby sheds all the fluid from the lungs.
- The baby receives more oxygen. In the case of a C-section, the mother is at a higher risk of respiratory failure.
- The baby is immediate with his or her mother, which helps milk production and strengthens the emotional bond.
In addition to benefiting both the baby and the mother, the family and society also will receive the benefits of a regular and healthy birth. As more women experience normal labor and childbirth, our understanding of delivery will become a wellness experience instead of an illness. It also helps ensure that a woman and her healthcare provider interact as partners, sharing decisions and responsibility.
We work with the model of traditional and professional midwifery. We know the benefits of natural childbirth and therefore promote it as a first option; however, if the mother decides to go to a hospital or needs to transfer, we also provide the necessary support and transportation.
Our midwives are trained to prevent and provide emergency care. Our midwives have access to and are trained in the use of oxygen and infant resuscitation equipment. We have emergency experts, such as OB/GYNs, who are always available. All our services are very affordable and, in some cases, free of charge (a socio-economic study is going to be needed).
Contact the Maternity Clinic
Indalecio Allende #4, colonia San Rafael (cerca del Mercado Juan de Dios).
(415) 152 6181.
Emergency hours for obstetric care:
24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Prenatal consultation hours:
8:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m. (Monday- Friday) and 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. (Saturdays)
08:00 a.m. to 11:00a.m. sample collection (Monday – Saturday)/ 13:00a.m. -07:00 p.m. delivery of results