The program was created in 2007 out of the need that existed in the surrounding communities of San Miguel and their scarce access to books, art and reading. Today the community library program consists of 10 libraries in different communities of San Miguel de Allende, San José Iturbide and Dolores Hidalgo with the objective of increasing the level of education and reading comprehension primarily in communities with limited access to these resources and vulnerable populations.
Installation, Committees and Services
Spaces in the schools are reconstituted in order to equip them with furniture, books and educational games available to the students.
We have a group of eight parents that make up the Library Committee which receives three trainings to be able to use their community library as well as support different activities such as: story time, workshops, cleaning, etc.
The group hosts activities to promote reading, book lending, credentialing and training for parents and teachers.
San Miguel de Allende
- Los Galvanes – Kindergarten “Carmen Ramos del Rio”
- La Cuadrilla – Jardín de Niños “Juan Enrique Pestalozzi”
- Atotonilco – Jardín de Niños “Agustín de Iturbide”
- Palma de Rancho Viejo – Jardín de Niños “Margarita Maza de Juarez”
- San Miguel Viejo – Jardín de Niños “Sputnik”
- Montecillo de la Milpa – Primaria “Tomasa Esteves”
- Los Juárez – Primaria “El Nigromante”
- Capaderillo – Primaria “Alvaro Obregon”
San José Iturbide
- La Cinta – Primaria “Miguel Hidalgo”
- La Regalada – Jardín de Niños “Miguel Hidalgo”
Contact the Community Library
Santa Julia #15, Col. Santa Julia, San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato.
(415) 15 460 90, ext. 110.
¿Would you like the mobile library to travel to your community?
Write an email to: email@example.com
Hours of the Central Library:
Monday-Friday: Open from 9:00 a.m.- 6:00 p.m.
Closed Saturdays and Sundays