The program created in 2007 out of the need that existed in the surrounding communities of San Miguel and their limited access to books, art, and reading. Today the community library program consists of 10 libraries in different towns of San Miguel de Allende, San José Iturbide, and Dolores Hidalgo intending to increase the level of education and reading comprehension primarily in communities with limited access to these resources and vulnerable populations.
Installation, Committees and Services
Spaces in the schools reconstituted to equip them with furniture, books, and educational games available to the students.
We have a group of eight parents that make up the Library Committee, which receives three training pieces to be able to use their community library and support different activities such as storytime, workshops, cleaning, etc.
The group hosts activities to promote reading, book lending, credentialing, and parents’ and teachers’ training.
San Miguel de Allende
- Los Galvanes – Kindergarten “Carmen Ramos del Rio”
- La Cuadrilla – Jardín de Niños “Juan Enrique Pestalozzi”
- Atotonilco – Jardín de Niños “Agustín de Iturbide”
- Palma de Rancho Viejo – Jardín de Niños “Margarita Maza de Juarez”
- San Miguel Viejo – Jardín de Niños “Sputnik”
- Montecillo de la Milpa – Primaria “Tomasa Esteves”
- Los Juárez – Primaria “El Nigromante”
- Capaderillo – Primaria “Alvaro Obregon”
San José Iturbide
- La Cinta – Primaria “Miguel Hidalgo”
- La Regalada – Jardín de Niños “Miguel Hidalgo”
Contact the Community Library
Santa Julia #15, Col. Santa Julia, San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato.
(415) 15 460 90, ext. 110.
¿Would you like the mobile library to travel to your community?
Write an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours of the Central Library:
Monday-Friday: Open from 9:00 a.m.- 6:00 p.m.
Closed Saturdays and Sundays