Frequently Asked Questions

What is low-risk pregnancy?

It is the natural pregnancy, which tends to be reasonable in a woman who has no risk factors that endanger her health or her baby. However, this does not exclude the possibility that some complications may arise during pregnancy, although these are less frequent than in high-risk pregnancies.

What are the warning signs of a high-risk pregnancy?

You should go to any health unit if you have

  • Blood loss through the vagina, however small.
  • Severe and continuous abdominal pain.
  • Severe nausea and vomiting
  • Fever more significant than 38 degrees celsius.
  • A sudden and sharp decrease in urine output
  • Pain and itching when urinating
  • Sudden swelling of the feet, hands, and face.
  • Intense dizziness or vision disorders such as the appearance of spots, flashes of light, etc.
  • Severe and persistent headache.
  • Loss of fluid from the vagina and genital itching or stinging.
  • Sudden change in the size of the uterus.
  • Absence of fetal movement, from the 5th month onwards.
  • Presence of strong, intense, or persistent contractions.

Can I be accompanied by my childbirth?

At CASA, we promote accompaniment.

All women in labor have the right to be accompanied as it decreases labor time and improves family bonding. Women who attended at the time of delivery have a better experience.

Supportive care during labor may include emotional support, comfort measures, information, and advocacy. This care can improve the normal process of work and women’s sense of control and competence, thus reducing the need for intervention.

With whom can I take my prenatal care and childbirth care?

You have many options when choosing a health professional for your prenatal care; you can receive prenatal care from:

-Technical midwife, a person who has graduated from midwifery training schools and whose qualification is recognized by the competent educational authorities and corresponds to the professional level and can provide care for low-risk women.

-Obstetrician-Gynecologist – Doctor with specialized education and training to care for mainly at-risk pregnant women.

-Nurse-midwife – A professional who has specialized in maternal and child health in her practice and can provide care to low-risk women.

The professional who attends to you must make you feel comfortable, solve all your doubts, create a bond of trust for excellent communication that must establish from the beginning between the pregnant woman and her specialist.

Can I eat and drink fluids during childbirth?

Most healthy women can benefit from a light meal during childbirth. The ban on food and liquids is unnecessary for women in normal labor.

How do I know I’m in labor?

Childbirth happens at the end of pregnancy (after nine months or 38-40 weeks of pregnancy) when the baby is ready to be born.

How long labor will last depends on several circumstances, such as whether it is your first birth or if you have had several before.

Every birth is different.


Signs that the birth will be soon.

  • The release of some bloody mucous fluid from the vaginal canal (the mucus plug).
  • Rupture of the source (liquid outlet other than urine).
  • The “contractions” (the belly feels hard and may hurt the lower abdomen and even the lower back).
  • You should check to confirm that you are already in labor by vaginal examination.

Clinic Contact

Indalecio Allende #4, colonia San Rafael (cerca del Mercado Juan de Dios).


(415) 152 6181.

Emergency hours for obstetric care:
24 hours a day, 7 days a week

Prenatal consultation hours:
8:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m. (Monday- Friday) and 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. (Saturdays)

Lab schedule:
08:00 a.m. to 11:00a.m. sample taking (Monday – Saturday)/ 13:00a.m. -07:00pm delivery of results