Young people in gangs are at the highest risk of becoming victims and perpetrators of violence.
Hip-Hop is a culture that promotes respect, unity, and peace.
“We reach out to young people through rap, graffiti, photography, sports, and hip-hop events.
The coordinators of Ranchero Pandillero are young ex-gang members who have left violence behind to bring about change within themselves and their communities.
The program began in 2017 and had several lines of action to achieve its goal.
The team uses Hip Hop as a tool to intervene with young people and promote peace.
Members of Ranchero Pandillero
Ranchero Pandillero has a group of members who support events and other projects.
Members are artists of all kinds who are committed to promoting Hip Hop and peace.
The program supports members in achieving their goals.
Anyone can join the team, and the only requirement is to support the neighborhood.
We organize community events to promote peace, unity, rap battles, graffiti, and to foster Hip Hop culture.
We intervene with the most dangerous gangs in San Miguel de Allende by mediating conflict and supporting the youth who need it most.
We provide workshops in schools and communities about Hip Hop and its values. We teach young people how to express themselves through art.
Our art studio is a free space where anyone can develop as an artist. The Graffiti Collective paints murals all over the city, giving a positive message through art.
We have our professional studio to record songs and support new talent. The Rap Collective gives shows worldwide and brings the message of peace and unity to the neighborhoods.
The video and photography team promotes the artists of Ranchero Pandillero and makes documentaries on the topics that most affect young people. If you want to volunteer to take pictures or create videos, contact us.
Figures and Statistics
- According to INEGI, in 2018, 38,067 out of every 100,000 inhabitants have died during that year.
- Today, Guanajuato ranks first nationally in intentional homicides committed with firearms: INEGI.
- According to the National Survey on Drug, Alcohol and Tobacco Consumption 2016-2017 (ENCODAT), the prevalence
- of any drug ever in life and the last year in the general population was 10.3%
- (men, 16.2% and women, 4.8%) and 2.9% (men, 4.6% and women, 1.3%), respectively.
- The National Survey on Drug Use among Students (ENCODE, 2014), identified that 3.3% of students in 5th and 6th grade of primary education (10 to 12 years, approximately) had used illegal drugs at some point in their lives (men, 4.7% and women, 1.7%). Among secondary school students (approximately 13-15 years old) and high school students (approximately 16-18 years old), the lifetime prevalence was 17.2% (males 18.6% and females 15.9%).
Contact of Ranchero Pandillero
Santa Julia #15, Colonia Santa Julia, San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato.
(415) 154 60 90
Monday to Friday
9:00 am to 4:00 pm