Young people in gangs are at the highest risk of becoming victims and/or perpetrators of violence.
Hip-Hop is a culture that promotes respect, unity and peace.
“We reach out to young people through rap, graffiti, photography, sports and hip-hop events.
The coordinators of Ranchero Pandillero are young ex-gang members who have left violence behind to bring about change within themselves and their communities.
The program began in 2017 and has several lines of action to achieve its goal.
The team uses Hip Hop as a tool to intervene with young people and promote peace
Members of Ranchero Pandillero
Ranchero Pandillero has a group of members who support events and other projects.
Members are artists of all kinds who are committed to promoting Hip Hop and peace.
The program supports members in achieving their goals.
Anyone can join the team, the only requirement is to support the neighborhood
We organize community events to promote peace, unity, rap battles, graffiti and to foster Hip Hop culture.
We intervene with the most dangerous gangs in San Miguel de Allende by mediating conflict and providing support to the youth who need it most.
We provide workshops in schools and communities about Hip Hop and its values. We teach young people how to express themselves through art.
Our art studio is a free space where anyone can develop as an artist. The Graffiti Collective paints murals all over the city giving a positive message through art.
We have our own professional studio to record songs and support new talent. The Rap Collective gives shows all over the country and brings the message of peace and unity to the neighborhoods.
El equipo de video y fotografía promociona a los artistas de Ranchero Pandillero y realiza documentales sobre los temas que más afectan a los jóvenes.Si deseas ser voluntario tomando fotografias o crear videos ponte en contacto con nosotros.
Figures and Statistics
- According to INEGI, in 2018, 38,067 out of every 100,000 inhabitants have died during that year.
- Today, Guanajuato ranks first nationally in intentional homicides committed with firearms: INEGI.
- According to the National Survey on Drug, Alcohol and Tobacco Consumption 2016-2017 (ENCODAT), the prevalence
- of consumption of any drug ever in life and in the last year in the general population was 10.3%
- (men, 16.2% and women, 4.8%) and 2.9% (men, 4.6% and women, 1.3%), respectively.
- The National Survey on Drug Use among Students (ENCODE, 2014), identified that 3.3% of students in 5th and 6th grade of primary education (10 to 12 years, approximately) had used illegal drugs at some point in their lives (men, 4.7% and women, 1.7%). Among secondary school students (approximately 13-15 years old) and high school students (approximately 16-18 years old) the lifetime prevalence was 17.2% (males 18.6% and females 15.9%).
Contact of Ranchero Pandillero
Santa Julia #15, Colonia Santa Julia, San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato.
(415) 154 60 90
Monday to Friday
9:00 am to 4:00 pm