This program was created in 2007 because of the needs that existed in the surroundings of San Miguel and the lack of access to books, art and reading. Today the Community Libraries Program is composed of 13 libraries in different communities and colonias of San Miguel de Allende with the objective of increasing education levels and basic reading comprehension in vulnerable communities with difficult access to such services.
HOW DO THEY FUNCTION?
Spaces in schools or private homes are sought in order to install bookshelves small libraries that would be accessible to the community population, especially the children and youth.
These libraries are furnished with books and materials necessary to support the undertaking of activities in promoting reading, as well as school tasks, with the support of our volunteers.
They seek to promote activities to promote reading, book lending, accessing credentials, as well as training for the family parents and teachers so that the libraries could become more autonomous and have a sense of belonging in their communities, accompanied by CASA.
San Miguel de Allende
- Los Galvanes – Kindergarten “Carmen Ramos del Rio”
- The Squad – “Juan Enrique Pestalozzi” Kindergarten
- Atotonilco – “Agustín de Iturbide” Kindergarten
- Palma de Rancho Viejo – Kindergarten “Margarita Maza de Juarez”
- San Miguel Viejo – Kindergarten “Sputnik”
- Montecillo de la Milpa – Elementary School “Tomasa Esteves”
- The Juarez – Elementary "The Necromancer"
- Capaderillo – Primary “Alvaro Obregon”
San Jose Iturbide
- The Ribbon – “Miguel Hidalgo” Elementary School
- La Regalada – Kindergarten “Miguel Hidalgo”
Community Library Contact
Santa Julia #15, Col. Santa Julia, San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato.
(415) 15 460 60, ext. 110.