The program was created in 2007 and arises from the need that existed in the surroundings of San Miguel and its limited access to books, art and reading. Today the community library program is made up of 10 libraries in different communities of San Miguel de Allende, San José Iturbide and Dolores Hidalgo with the aim of increasing the educational level and reading comprehension primarily in communities with difficult access and with population in vulnerable conditions.
Installation, Committees and Services
Spaces are recovered in schools in order to equip them with furniture, books and educational games available to students.
We have a group of 8 fathers or mothers who make up the Library Committee, which receives 3 trainings, to be able to use their community library as well as support different activities such as: story time, workshops, cleaning, etc. .
Reading promotion activities, loan of books, credential, training for parents and teachers.
San Miguel de Allende
- Los Galvanes – Kindergarten “Carmen Ramos del Rio”
- The Squad – “Juan Enrique Pestalozzi” Kindergarten
- Atotonilco – “Agustín de Iturbide” Kindergarten
- Palma de Rancho Viejo – Kindergarten “Margarita Maza de Juarez”
- San Miguel Viejo – Kindergarten “Sputnik”
- Montecillo de la Milpa – Elementary School “Tomasa Esteves”
- The Juarez – Elementary "The Necromancer"
- Capaderillo – Primary “Alvaro Obregon”
San Jose Iturbide
- The Ribbon – “Miguel Hidalgo” Elementary School
- La Regalada – Kindergarten “Miguel Hidalgo”
Community Library Contact
Santa Julia #15, Col. Santa Julia, San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato.
(415) 15 460 90, ext. 110.
Central Library Hours:
Business hours: 9:00 a.m.- 6:00 p.m.